VILLA SANTA MARGHERITA
Built in 1678 as a summer residence, the villa is a typical Alessi square building, located in the middle of a beautiful park in a dominant position overlooking the Gulf of Tigullio. In the 19th century the Villa was sold to Prince Centurion, who built the outbuildings and invested in the Italian Garden. At the beginning of the 20th century, the villa was temporarily transformed into a Grand Hotel, then acquired by Alfredo Chierichetti, who is responsible for the final layout of the park, and finally sold it to the Municipality of Santa Margherita Ligure, in 1973. The Villa can be visited throughout the year: its apartments host many important artworks from the 16th to 18th centuries, frescoes and trompe d'oeil, furniture from different periods, Murano glass chandeliers, stuccos and majolica.
The villa has spacious lounges and spectacular terraces, ideal places for weddings, gala dinners and civil marriages. It is also possible to use the outbuildings (annex) and close by within walking distance to the villa; you also have a beautiful Catholic church where it is possible to marry. Many a UK celebrities have tied the knot here and couples can either just have the wedding here or also enjoy their reception and wedding party.
We classify this venue as 5-star Exclusive. Quote, Reference 4458YY.